Our Lady of Mercy Community Outreach Neighbrhood House
LEADER’S NAME: Nancy Sue Platz
CONTACT PHONE NUMBER: (843) 813-1249
EMAIL: [email protected]
WHEN THE MINISTRY MEETS:
Meets 3rd Thursday of the Month at Our Lady of Mercy Community Outreach Neighborhood House, 77 American Street, Charleston, SC 29401.
- Volunteer(s ) Driving Individually are required to be at the Neighborhood House by 11:15. Commitment time 11:15 -1:30pm.
- Volunteers Carpooling meet at St. Benedict’s Catholic Church Kitchen at 10:45am. Commitment time: 11:15 – 1:30pm
“Building a church community committed to serve the local community of Our Lady Of Mercy Community Outreach Neighborhood House Soup Kitchen program with the spirit of love, charity and understanding to ensure acceptance of all people in need. As St. Benedict’s Catholic Church, let us treat individuals with respect by conducting ourselves with highly ethical manners through teamwork, honest, integrity and compassion when serving as good stewards .”
DESCRIPTION OF MINISTRY:
- How it Serves the Parish Community
Once a month (3rd Thursday) prepare a hot meal for the Neighborhood House Soup Kitchen Program for People in need.
- Time Commitment
- Donations: Benedict’s Parishioners will be provided donation needs five days before scheduled event.
- Prepare Meal: Volunteer picks up the box of ingredients, prepares per recipe on the third Tuesday of the month between the hours of 9:30 am – 3pm. Cooks return prepared meal on the third Thursday by 9:30 am.
- Delivery: All prepared meals are picked up at St. Benedict’s Catholic Church Kitchen and delivered to Our Lady of Mercy Community Outreach Neighborhood House at 77 America Street, Charleston SC 29401 on the third Thursday of the month by 10:00am.
Servers: Sign up on Flocknotes when notice is posted. Contact Nancy Sue Platz at (843) 813-1249 for driving and parking instructions. Commitment date is the third Thursday of the month from 11:15 – 1:30pm at Our Lady of Mercy Community Outreach Neighborhood House at 77 America Street, Charleston SC 29401.
- DONATIONS: Items and quantities needed for the lunch recipe will be posted on Flocknotes a week before the event takes place. Signed Up donations are to be brought to St. Benedict’s Catholic Church Kitchen on Monday between 10am – 2pm.
- COOKS: A notice to sign up to cook will be posted on Flocknotes a week before the event. Cook are to pick up a box containing food items and recipe from St. Benedict’s Catholic Church Kitchen on a Tuesday between 10am- 3pm. Return on Thursday by 9:30am in the St. Benedict’s Catholic Church Kitchen.
VOLUNTEERS TO SERVE HOT LUNCH MEAL:
Needed are volunteers to assist in serving a hot meal to people in need.
Those Volunteers signed up on Flocknotes for the OLOM Community Outreach Neighborhood House Soup Kitchen program are ask to serve with a spirit of love, charity and understanding with respect in a highly ethical manner and work as a team by serving as good steward.
Each Signed Up Volunteer is required to read, sign and date OLOM Community Outreach Volunteer Group Waiver of Liability and Medial Consent Form.